Sunday, June 2, 2013

It's been a while...

It's been a while since I've posted on the blog, but summer is so close I can almost taste it!  I have one more full day and three half days with the kids.  Here's a little of what we've been up to the past month. We were out of town three weekends in a row.

Weekend #1: celebrated my mom's 60th birthday with the family in York.  I'm so thankful for her, her love for Jesus, and her love for us.  We (the sisters) had a shower for Lindsey the same weekend and got to go to her shower at the church.


Gift from Daddy...wonder if we'll ever see Macey in this outfit. ;)


Weekend #2: We went to Barnwell to visit the Martins then to Batesburg-Leesville to celebrate cousins' graduations and Grandma Sharpe's birthday.  I forgot to take any pictures that weekend, but we enjoyed visiting with family that weekend too.

Weekend #3: We went to the mountains for our second annual couples trip.  This time it was much colder and rainy so we played a lot of games..."The Game of Things" might have been the highlight of the weekend.  If you don't have it, it's a great group/couples game.  We also watched the Kentucky Derby, and thanks to Erin had mint juleps & hats for the occasion.
Rob and I found a waterfall (Elk River Falls) the day before everybody else got there, that would be fun to go back to when it's warmer, to swim in the huge pool at the bottom.

After three weekends in a row out of Greenville, we planned to stay in town the weekend of May 10th, but our little niece, Macey was born on Saturday, May 11th!  We excitedly drove to the hospital that day to meet her.  I know we're a little biased, but she is a cutie!!






We can't wait to see her again soon!

The following weekend we went to a wedding of some friends, Holly, from the church where I grew up, and Scott, my friend and former roommate, Anna's brother.  (It's such a small world.)  It was a beautiful Christ-centered wedding and the reception was lots of fun at the Clemson outdoor lab.  My Gamecock husband restrained himself from making too many Clemson/Carolina comments. ;)



Until next time...  :)






No comments:

Post a Comment