Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A Few Favorites

Since Summer is right around the corner (two more half days and two teacher days), I thought I'd share some things I'm looking forward to!

1. Reading!  I just read this book after watching an interview of the author.  It was a quick read and it really challenged me to think about how I am called to love people- speaking truth with grace.  Some other books on my "To read" list this summer:

  • And The Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini
  • Glimpses of Grace by Gloria Furman
  • Letters to My Daughters by Paul Friesen
  • The Hidden Art of Homemaking by Edith Schaeffer
Any other recommendations would be appreciated! :)

2. Mornings outside.  Summer is definitely here to stay so that means I'd rather not be outside in the heat of the afternoon unless I'm beside or in a body of water.  My goal is to keep getting up fairly early so that I can run and work in the garden. (The squash and zucchini are doing really well!  I guess there aren't any city animals that will wreak havoc on those- at least not yet.)  We did see a raccoon in our back yard a couple of weeks ago, but haven't seen him since.


3. More time to cook.  I'm hoping I'll be ambitious this summer and try some new recipes.  I found one for stuffed bell peppers last week and it was amazing!  (I didn't have enough peppers to stuff so I just took the "stuffing" for lunch one day.)

4. Lunch dates.  For any of you who have lunch breaks or also have the summer off, I'd love to hang out! :)



1 comment:

  1. Please add "A Little Salty to Cut to the Sweet" to your reading list! I'm reading it now and love it! :) It has some good southern recipes in it too;)

    And let's lunch! ;)

    ReplyDelete