Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pinterest...you are my downfall

 So Rob posted about the first big pinterest project which was really all him- I helped paint, but that's basically what I've been doing a lot of lately.  We painted the living room green over my spring break, then Rob taped off and painted the dining room and kitchen by himself basically in a day!  I didn't take any pictures of the house before paint went on the walls, but  imagine bachelor pad with greyish-white walls, red leather couch (which has not been covered yet- see pictures below), grey-green overstuffed couch, at least THREE regular recliners, and one very special fish love seat recliner.  Yes, that's right, a love seat recliner.  We tried to sell it in our yard sale a month or so ago, but guess what?  We didn't have any takers!  ;)  How does a guy end up with so much furniture?!  Well, roommates getting married and getting rid of their bachelor furniture is the answer.  Seems that no future wife likes that many recliners and overstuffed couches/love seats.  We replaced the recliner with an entertainment center that Rob and I picked up at a yard sale for $10, and we probably spent more money on the paint and knobs to make it our own.  Rob did a great job taking out the top drawers and making it into a shelf.  You can kind of see the love seat recliner in Rob's last post about the window table.  Here are a few pictures of the living room.

 
The window above the fireplace is from Rob's home church in Barnwell.  I decided just to clean it up but not to paint it to give it kind of a rustic look.  The wooden trunk was from an estate sale in Greenville- bought it for $150 (Rob said I should have talked them down, which I'm learning how to do- he's much better at that than I am, being the one who "fiends for confrontation" as he says.)

The dining room has our first piece of furniture that we actually bought for the house.  Rob bought it the weekend, actually the day, we got engaged.  It was a minty green color so I just painted it cream.  Of course Rob talked the lady down- I think it was originally $150, but he got her down to $110.  
You think we have enough mason jars?

We used one of those mason jars to make a mason jar light fixture.  Well....I saw the idea on Pinterest, and Rob made the light fixture. ;)  He's so handy!
I think that's enough of our projects for now.  Summertime has been dangerous because I've had more time to go to yard sales, thrift stores, parents' sheds/basements, and to actually work on projects...well, in between wedding planning of course.  It's been a relaxing break from planning (mostly). :)


1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth, your new house is quickly becoming a beautiful home for you 2. So happy for you! I love seeing how you two have turned something old into something new. So creative! Thanks for sharing! - Jodi

    ReplyDelete