Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Change

I can't believe I've been teaching for seven years!!...at the same school...in the same grade...with the same partner teacher!!  It's amazing to look back and see how God provided for me to student teach my senior year of Clemson at Powdersville Elementary, then He provided a job for me there as a third grade teacher, then He provided one of my best friends in my partner-teacher, Melissa, and he provided an awesomely fun third grade team and supportive administration!  I couldn't have imagined better.  It has been a much-needed reminder to my often anxious heart that "He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?" (Rom. 8:32)  I so easily forget how good and gracious God has been and continues to be and I so easily forget His promises that He will never leave me nor forsake me.  I won't be returning to teach next year, which is bittersweet for me.  I've loved the job God has provided for me the past seven years (or 1/4 of my life as Rob likes to remind me) but I know I'll love being at home as a full-time mom to Quinn.  This doesn't mean I've been worry-free since I don't have to make long-term sub plans or figure out childcare...I worry about labor, about finances, and about how in the world I'm going to do this whole parenting thing!  Again, Jesus reminds me of my weakness and neediness of Him- He is sufficient!  I'm thankful for how God speaks to me through His Word and says, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Phil. 4:6-7)

Melissa and I...of course we would unknowingly match on the day of the baby shower the third grade team had for me!  (Our first year of teaching, we had at least 3 identical articles of clothing, that we would unintentionally wear on the same day of school.)  I'm so thankful for Melissa's friendship and godly counsel!




These ladies had a really sweet shower for me and Quinn, complete with baby headband making!  I'll miss them all dearly but will be coming back to visit especially since Quinn's pediatrician will be in the Wren/Powdersville area.

No comments:

Post a Comment