Monday, November 10, 2014

A can of pumpkin

I really wanted to try a new granola recipe a couple of weeks ago, and I found one that I love!  The only problem is that it called for less than a whole can of pumpkin so I found other recipes to use the rest of the pumpkin.  I kind of felt like I was in the children's book, "If you Give a Mouse a Cookie"...except it was a can of pumpkin instead of a cookie that led to the mess in my kitchen. ;)


The only thing I changed in the pumpkin maple pecan granola was to substitute walnuts for the pepitas (pumpkin seeds).  I might try the recipe with pumpkin seeds once I'm finished with the pumpkins on our front steps. ;)

There was plenty of pumpkin left after this recipe so I decided to try a pumpkin spice creamer...and just to warn you, it makes A LOT!  But who doesn't love pumpkin spice creamer in their coffee this time of year?

And there was still about half a can of pumpkin left after these two recipes so I made half a recipe of this pumpkin bread. (I used about a cup of sugar instead of 1 1/2 c.)

Little Sweet Cheeks likes to watch me cook when she's not napping.  Maybe she'll be my little helper in the kitchen one day.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I bought like 3 cans of pumpkin the other day because it was on sale and had forgotten I had already bought two like a week before! (Pregnancy brain I guess!)I have a lot of pumpkin to use up!

    ReplyDelete